Soulmates cont'd

Brian L. Weiss
“For truly we are all angels temporarily hiding as humans.”
― Brian Weiss
Shannon L. Alder
“A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence.”
― Shannon L. Alder
Tina Carreiro
“I don’t know what circumstances occurred in your life for you to build such a strong brick wall around your heart, but I do intend to tear it down." ~Cole”
― Tina Carreiro, Power of the Moon
Wendell Berry
“How joyful to be together, alone
as when we first were joined
in our little house by the river
long ago, except that now we know

each other, as we did not then;
and now instead of two stories fumbling
to meet, we belong to one story
that the two, joining, made. And now

we touch each other with the tenderness
of mortals, who know themselves”
― Wendell Berry, Entries
Lisa Kleypas
“Do you know what a balance wheel is?” She shook her head slightly. “There’s one in every clock or watch. It rotates back and forth without stopping. It’s what makes the ticking sound...what makes the hands move forward to mark the minutes. Without it, the watch wouldn’t work. You’re my balance wheel, Poppy.” -Harry Rutledge”
― Lisa Kleypas, Tempt Me at Twilight
Angela N. Blount
“I didn't just love him…I needed him. Not in some desperate "you complete me" sort of way. No, Vincent didn’t make me whole. He improved me. Something about him—something I didn't understand—had a way of amplifying the good in my nature while muting the bad. He was a catalyst for my soul. I didn't need him in order to exist...I needed him in order to be a better me.”
― Angela N. Blount, Once Upon an Ever After
Meg Cabot
“I think we're given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in highschool. But that doesn't mean if you don't act on it, you'll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that's more convenient for you.”
― Meg Cabot, How to Be Popular
L.J. Smith
“Ash held one finger up. "OK. Now listen-"
Mary-Lynnette kicked him in the shins. She knew it was inapporopriate, she knew it was uncalled-for, but she couldn't stop herself. She just had to.
"Oh, for God's sake," Ash said, hopping backward. "Are you crazy?”
― L.J. Smith, Daughters of Darkness
Charlotte Brontë
“As I exclaimed 'Jane! Jane! Jane!' a voice- I cannot tell whence the voice came, but I know whose voice it was- replied, 'I am coming: wait for me;' and a moment after, went whispering on the wind the words- 'Where are you?' "I'll tell you, if I can, the idea, the picture these words opened to my mind: yet it is difficult to express what I want to express. Ferndean is buried, as you see, in a heavy wood, where sound falls dull, and dies unreverberating. 'Where are you?' seemed spoken amongst mountains; for I heard a hill-sent echo repeat the words. Cooler and fresher at the moment the gale seemed to visit my brow: I could have deemed that in some wild, lone scene, I and Jane were meeting. In spirit, I believe we must have met. You no doubt were, at that hour, in unconscious sleep, Jane: perhaps your soul wandered from its cell to comfort mine; for those were your accents- as certain as I live- they were yours!" Reader, it was on Monday night- near midnight- that I too had received the mysterious summons: those were the very words by which I replied to it.
(Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre)”
― Charlotte Brontë , Jane Eyre
Heenashree Khandelwal
“Love is all about guts. If you have it, you fight with the world. If you don’t, you fight with yourself.”
― Heenashree Khandelwal, Soulmates, By Chance
Lisa Kleypas
“A weak but steady throb lay beneath Kev's searching fingertips. Win's heartbeat...the pulse that sustained his universe.”
― Lisa Kleypas, Seduce Me at Sunrise
Donna Lynn Hope
“Soul mates may be linked, but fight to separate, causing wounds and confusion. They teach what no one else can.”
― Donna Lynn Hope
Connie Brockway
“I want you cool and regal, earthy and impertinent, spoiling for a fight and abashed at your own temper. I want you flushed with exertion and rosy with sleep. I want you teasing and provocative, somber and thoughtful. I want every emotion, every mood, every year in a lifetime to come. I want you beside me, to encourage and argue with me, to help me and let me help you. I want to be your champion and lover, your mentor and student.”
― Connie Brockway, The Bridal Season
Elizabeth Chandler
“The problem for me is that I can't ever really see who Gregory is, any more than I can see what a mirror by itself looks like, because he reflects whoever's around him.”
― Elizabeth Chandler
Shannon L. Alder
“Time is too swift for those who fear, too long for those who wait, too short for those who finally find peace, but for those who love, time is eternal. For nothing is ever lost that God wants you to find.”
― Shannon Alder
Alison G. Bailey
“the soul mate doesn’t have to
be a romantic relationship.
Sometimes in life, you meet
people when you need them,
and there is an immediate
connection.”
― Alison G. Bailey, Present Perfect
Lisa Kleypas
“And I wonder how Gage knew this is what my soul has craved. He turns me to face him, his eyes searching. It occurs to me that no one in my life has ever concerned himself so thoroughly with my happiness.”
― Lisa Kleypas, Sugar Daddy
Chelsie Shakespeare
“I melted into the dream as if I had always been there. I knew where I had come from; I knew where I was going.”
― Chelsie Shakespeare
John Donne
“Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion,
Like gold to aery thinness beat.

If they be two, they are two so
As stiff twin compasses are two ;
Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
To move, but doth, if th' other do.

And though it in the centre sit,
Yet, when the other far doth roam,
It leans, and hearkens after it,
And grows erect, as that comes home.

Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
Like th' other foot, obliquely run ;
Thy firmness makes my circle just,
And makes me end where I begun.”
― John Donne
Mirella Muffarotto
“I tried to hate you, to forgive you, all just to forget you, but I'm only capable of loving you. You're tattooed onto my skin, and the more I try to erase you, the deeper you sink in.”
― Mirella Muffarotto, Every Boy is a Book
Chelsie Shakespeare
“When we can't understand the science behind something in this world, we make up mythological entities that we can relate to. We personify the forces of nature that mystify us, using our boundless imaginations to comfort us and make us feel like we have some control over these things that are much bigger than we are.”
― Chelsie Shakespeare, The Pull
Mirella Muffarotto
“You two are bound to one another. You always have been … and you can't run away from what you are. No matter where you go, your feelings for her are going to follow you.”
― Mirella Muffarotto, Every Boy is a Book
Heenashree Khandelwal
“Before I met you, my life ran on sheer amusement.
After I met you, my life ran on sheer compassion.”
― Heenashree Khandelwal, Soulmates, By Chance
Mirella Muffarotto
“Her heart was telling her to trust him, but it wouldn’t be the first time that that foolish muscle, there in the middle of her chest, had betrayed her.”
― Mirella Muffarotto, Every Boy is a Book
“Inhale when I inhale. Exhale when I exhale. Breathe with me,for two beating hearts breathing one breath together become one.”
― Christina Westover, Poisoning Sylvie

Comments